To begin with, lets go ahead and answer this weeks Booking Through Thursday!
So … any Reading Resolutions? Say, specific books you plan to read? A plan to read more ____? Anything at all?
Name me at least ONE thing you’re looking forward to reading this year!
I think that this year is going to hold quite a bit in store for me – finally getting in to some meaty classes for my English major guarentees quite a bit of good reading in store over the next few months. However, other than all of that, I’d love to get more in to poetry! A genre that I’ve dabbled in but not really ever dove in to head first, I’ve decided to devote 2009 to, among other things, a growing love of poetry! Other than that, I’ve decided that this years Incredible Huge Book to Read (every year has to have at least one!) is going to be Les Miserables, a book I probably should have read quite some time ago!
The other thing I’d like to address this post to is the challenges I’ve decided to participate in thus far in the year (I know its only the first day of 2009, but I’m going to try and take it easy!) The first of which is the Blog Improvement challenge. The first topic is: Goals – what are you blogging for? Taking that question in to consideration, here are the top five goals and purposes for this blog:
- To record in one place everything I read over the course of the year (and yes, this means that which I read for class). As such, one of my goals will be to blog three times a week, including the Sunday Salon, where I will come to wrap up all the reading I didn’t get to throughout the rest of the week.
- I’d really love to participate more in the book blogging community, and thus one of my goals will be to comment on all the posts of those bloggers who are in my current blogroll, and to respond to whatever comments I may recieve.
- Challenges! More specifically, the 24-hour Read-a-thon which I hope, even with Dewey’s passing, will continue to go on. I’ve read countless posts from other bloggers about this amazing event, and one of my main goals this year will be to actually participate!
- Another goal will be to expand my reading areas beyond that of mainly classics and contemporary fiction. This means I hope to read more works by foreign authors, more poetry, more essays and short stories and, particularly, more non-fiction.
- Have fun! One of the main purposes of this blog will be to have fun and to remember those amazing (or not so much) books that I’ve read and take the time to spend more time with the first love I’ve ever had – reading.
Lastly, as part of Eva’s World Citizen Challenge I’m encouraging all of you out there to paricipate in this month’s mini-challenge of getting to know more about world geography! And who knows, maybe even take a look at joining the challenge itself!
More to come later on progress with Gone With the Wind. Happy reading!