In case you missed that, this book will change your life, especially if you’ve ever wondered about the following things:
* If it’s okay to want to be alone
* What sex is, and what a relationship is
* What art is, and how to create it
* Whether or not there is more to poetry than just words and rhymes
* How an older poet works to help a younger one
If any of this strikes your fancy, or if you’re just looking for a book to fill a few hours spare time (the edition that I have, which is the edition pictured at left, comes in at just under 100 pages – 98, to be exact) then pick up some Rilke. He spins words like cotton candy, with just as much flavor but twice as much sustenance, and some of the best writers I know carry tiny copies of this book in their back pockets or purses the way that some people carry tiny Bibles. It’s my first five-star read of the New Year, and it was totally worth it! Happy reading!